Become part of our rail community – volunteer with us
We are keen to encourage the local community to get involved with our work and are happy to discuss and create opportunities for this to happen.
Some examples of how to get involved
- Provide or help to look after flowers and planters at stations.
- Create walking and cycling routes to be enjoyed by all abilities
- Help with, or sponsor, improvements to a station.
- Help with passenger surveys, events and promotions.
- Improve access to or from stations by bus, bicycle or on foot
- Keep stations litter free.
- Organise or lead guided walks and cycle rides from each station.
- Help ‘keep an eye’ on stations in the evening or at weekends.
- Report any damage, or anti-social behaviour.
- and much more…
- The benefits of volunteering are enormous, not only to the cause you support but to you, your family and your local community.
- Volunteering can help connect you with your local community. If you have recently moved it can help you get to know your neighbourhood and make new friends.
- There is lots of evidence that volunteering has a positive impact on your health too.
- Volunteering can be a great way to enhance your CV by gaining new skills, knowledge and experience and developing existing skills.
- Volunteering can be a fun way to explore new interests, help you feel valued and part of a team whilst making a vital contribution to our cause.
Interested in getting involved?
Please call 07988043870 or email it to Hills2downs@gmail.com